Insurance Cargo Damage Claim
- Insurance Cargo Damage Claim: Before any pick-up, your must call your warehouse/port and make appointment / verify: if your shipment has been customs released, freight released ( LCL arrival notice / full arrival notice / AWB ) and cleared by all parties, plus:
- Ask your warehouse visible-damage-report: if missing/damage/etc, contact your supplier/factory, issuer of Bill of Lading / arrival notice Invoice , warehouse / seaport / airline and cargo insurance(maritime law/all-risk/total-lost).
- Your warehouse/port may charge warehouse-port/pallets/ storage/demurrage/per-diem/etc fees and your U.S. Customs exam fee. For more details, you must review incoterms and contact issuer of Bill of Lading . / arrival notice.
- If any, fees are due, pay directly, to avoid-our $50 reimbursement service fee and 3 wire fee ( + $100): (1) to received wire form you, (2) us to wire your vendor, (3) your vendor to receive from us and delay from bank.
- After/before receiving your shipment, if missing/damage/etc, contact your supplier/factory, issuer of arrival notice Invoice , warehouse / seaport terminal / airline and cargo insurance(maritime law/all-risk/total-lost).
- Before you sign deliver-order (domestic Bill of Lading ) from your trucker or from your warehouse, you must count the boxes/cartons/crates/pallets/etc and inspect the shipment.
- After signing deliver-order (domestic Bill of Lading ) from deliver your trucker or from your warehouse, you can not claim any physical/visible/visible lost/missing/damages/etc.
- Example of cargo insurance certificate.
- Some of the damage report from warehouse and exam site. But if your vessel/carrier is damage for any reason and if your shipment is on that vessel/carrier, until you/your-cargo-insurance pays for damage to vessel/carrier, they will apply general-average (click here) and apply to other international maritime law.
" READ THE FINE PRINT BEFORE YOU PURCHASE CARGO INSURANCE ": MOST OF CARGO INSURANCE DOES NOT INCLUDED: ANTIQUES, COLLECTIBLES, BANK NOTES, CELLULAR TELEPHONES, COMPUTER CHIPS AND MEMORY MODULES, DANGEROUS GOODS ( RED LABEL), HAZARDOUS MATERIALS, FINE ART, FLAMMABLES AND EXPLOSIVES, FRUITS AND VEGETABLES, HOUSEHOLD GOODS AND PERSONAL EFFECTS, JEWELRY, LAPTOPS AND OTHER PORTABLE COMPUTERS, LCD PLAS TVS AND MONITORS, LIVE ANIMALS, NUCLEAR FUEL, PRECIOUS METALS, PRECIOUS STONES, SECURITIES ,STOCKS AND BONDS, TOBACCO PRODUCTS, VALUABLE PAPERS, MANUSCRIPTS, GLASS, PRODUCTS SHIPPED BY BARGE AND ETC. AND NORMALLY DOSE NOT INCLUDED DAMAGE CAUSE BY CFS WAREHOUSE, US (DOMESTIC) TRANSPORT AND ETC. MOST OF TIME, CARGO INSURANCE COVERS WHEN IT'S IN SEA/OCEAN/WATER/AIR AND WITH VESSEL.