AD Backdating Duty Tax Notice
AD Backdating Duty Tax Notice: Some of the importer had imported solar panels from china, 2012 of January, February, March, April, may and June, duty/tax ranging from 24% to 36%. But, in June 2014, US customs has retroactive(backdate) applied 255% - 287% on most of solar panels from china and back-dating it to march 1 2012. So, all the importer who had imported solar panels from china is subject to anti-dumping duties and importer must pay difference of duty/tax. To check if your are importing anti dumping (AD) items and /or countervailing ( CVD ) items check here.
Priority trade issue: antidumping and countervailing duties: when the department of commerce finds that imported merchandise was sold in the U.S. at an unfairly low or subsidized price, to level the playing field for U.S. Companies injured by these unfair trade practices, CBP is responsible for collecting the antidumping and countervailing duties (AD/CVD ) in a timely manner. The goal of this ad/ CVD priority trade issue is to detect and deter circumvention of the ad/ CVD law, to liquidate final duties timely and accurately, while at the same time facilitating legitimate trade.
If you think, it's not cost-effective to pay all the fees (duty/tax, forwarder, trucker, warehouse, ISF filing, customs entry filing, exam and etc. ) you could abandon your shipment. There are three choices, shipment that was refused by US customs/agencies. Sample of abandon letter (click here)
- Re-exporting back to vendor / exporting to other-country:
- To export, your must contact your freight forwarder, company that has done your transportation to us port.
- Your current freight forwarder will be helping you with 7512 (ie / immediate exportation) form.
- Local US customs officer must sign and if any, agencies officer must sign a 7512 (ie / immediate exportation) form.
- Local = city, county, state that you are in. . E. Who is liable: case file: federal court us attorney's (click here), importer is responsible for all laws/liable/fees/retroactive.
- Abandon your shipment. Please notify your supplier/us forwarder/carrier and warehouse and us by email only.
- For abandoning, you may be penalize / fines / demurrage / per-diem / destroy / trash / add-dpl and etc.
- Examples of other shipment that was abandon, refused by US customs/agencies and was not cost-effective (click here) (click here) (click here) (click here).
- Who is liable: case file: federal court us attorney's (click here), importer is responsible for all laws/liable/fees/retroactive. For more: (here) (here) (here) (here)
- Destroy / trash email customs officer, warehouse and us by email only.
- If shipment is import with-out permit / permission hazard, patent, trademark and etc.
- You may be penalize / fines / demurrage / per-diem / destroy / trash / add-dpl and etc.
- Who is liable: case file: federal court us attorney's (click here), importer is responsible for all laws/liable/fees/retroactive.
Note: Final ruling by US customs/agencies for ISF filing (part 1-2) is 6 years and for customs entry filing (part 2-2) is 5 years.
- Customs broker = messenger between US customs and importer: to transmits importer info/documents, way it was received from you and your-vendors, to US customs
- Customs broker = is not a messenger between you and your-vendors (factory/ supplier/ forwarder/ warehouse/ shipping-company/ cet-exam-site, us agencies and etc. )
- All importer are bound to incoterms (pre-arranged before leaving foreign port, such as: Bill of Lading /bl (sale) / MFG contract agreement / obl / arrival notice)
- To understand why/who importer must pay, before/after/during shipping, you must review incoterms and contact issuer of Bill of Lading (title to shipment)
- Please review import process, incoterms and etc import requirements by US customs. After viewing, if you required a personal assistant: $250 hr / $2000 day + retainer
- Importer is responsible for all fees/us laws/liability/exam/permit(s)retroactive(backdate) document (bl, arrival notice and etc. ) case file: federal court us attorney's.
- Your responsibility = your shipment / money / profit / sales / documents / permit, your-vendors (factory/supplier/forwarder and etc. ), your arrangement/negotiation and etc.
- Exam notice by freight forwarder: LCL arrival notice, full container arrival notice. For AD/CVD , fumigation, emergency action notifications can be $1,000's.
- Fumigating your shipment can be $7,205, vacuum cleaning can be $1,900 and A-TCET exam / intensive exam/stop sign / CET exam can be $1,843. 60 / $2,059. 90.
- If exam ( VACIS , nii, x-ray, ibet, met, cet and etc,), your freight forwarder will be notifying with arrival notice and Invoice (pay your freight forwarder) (99% of the time).
- If exam ( CET exam , A-TCET exam, intensive exam/stop sign, ipr, tailgate, emergency action notifications and etc,) importer must pay directly to exam site. (100%)
- If importer / id=( SSN # or tax-id/ein/irs# or can#) or any info is off-by-one-digit/letter, US customs can/will confiscate/seize your shipment and penalize/fines you.
- And us customs/agencies can release with detention(hold)/hold/confiscate/penalize/fines/recall/exam/penalty/re- ISF -filing/issue destroy/re-export/add-dpl and etc.
- Please pay all your-vendors directly ( ASAP ), to avoid our $50 (click here). If amending/up-dating your entry filing (click here $). If entry must be re-file (click here $)
- You /importer/consignee is fully responsible for all actions of payment (be aware of scam hijack emails and other scams).
- Before paying us, consignee must verify payment method and amount of payment, and such as our bank account#, western-union account#, check payable to and etc,.
- Only valid communication is, if you/importer/consignee/your-vendors is communicating by phone# and email lists from our uscustomsclearing.com/contact-us