Rules from China Textile
Understanding U.S Textile imports from china, the rules: (for reference only)
Invoice details for knit or woven cotton fabric sample (click here). (textile 807) Invoice details for woven man-made fiber fabrics sample (click here) international footwear/shoe association, footwear/shoe retailers America, interim footwear/shoe Invoice sample (click here)/click here. Textiles valued at $250 or more requires a formal entry. (was $200)
- Textile Quotas
Textiles and apparel visa and quota requirements are based on the international association of multi-bilateral consultation and limit) is the latest information. The importer should always refer to the report, when they about to do when shipping transport. Limit the information available from the u. S. Customs service in Washington to obtain the capital. Limits on foreign branch of textile quotas provide status reports. China's textile exports to the u. S. , enjoy "absolute" quota. Absolute quota is based on the weight of the quantity of goods, area, square meters and other measurement derived. According to other units within a period of time to derive. Those who do not use a quota system for imports can be measured after the storage warehouse with a way to export or re-enter. Quota status from the internet and the u. S. Department of commerce commission on implementation of the agreement made textiles. Address: 0230, Washington, the capital; tel :202 -482-3715. / (https://otexa.trade.gov/)
- Visa Restrictions
Visas are issued by the exporting country's export license. Visa system is used to control the export of goods to the country's quota. Between china and the u. S. Visa row by the "agreement on textiles and clothing," which can be in the united states department of commerce's "https://www.commerce.gov/" online.
- 1993-Customs records up to date methods
latest customs laws or "mod act" to the importer of record keeping provisions of the new requirements, these requirements will increase the customs automation service station activities and accelerate the customs entry procedures. Some of the customs duty will be "reasonable care under the" transfer to the shoulders of the importer. To meet these reasonable care standard rate, the importer must provide evidence in line with import regulations. Customs service website " https://home.treasury.gov/ and www.cbp.gov " there is a description of these new requirements, "records and record keeping requirements" document.
- The country of origin in the united states customs
1993 Uruguay round agreement (19usc3592) contains information about the textile and apparel products into the united states, "rules of origin. " these regulations are used to determine when to enter the kind of product quotas. Quota is the "absolute", so to some of the quota period, the excess items can not enter. Under u. S. Law and trade agreements, china's textile exports to the u. S. When absolute quota. As the official country of origin, if necessary, china could undertake the task and accept the visa quota. Ordinance origin textile and apparel products to use when "made in china" label, and when not suitable for the established quota. U. S. Customs service on the "origin on textiles and clothing regulations," provides guidance and interpretation, which in the customs website " https://home.treasury.gov/ and https://www.cbp.gov " found. China can use quotas to deal with the north American free trade act (nafta). For example, china is the country of origin of down coats, down coat is also lining the country of origin, as long as it is to get the feather coat in Canada to put the child in the face coat, it can be exempted from the quota accusations. China is the finished face down coat country of origin, while the north American free trade act may lodge an objection provisions. Processing in Canada is to meet the north American free trade act regulations on concessions, benefits for one year. According to the 1993 Uruguay round agreement, there are plans to abolish a variety of fibers within ten years an absolute quota. The removal of Chinese textile and apparel manufacturers say is good news.
- Labeling requirements
U.S. Federal trade commission to implement wood products labeling law (WPL), the law is developed by the u. S. Congress in 1939, aims to protect consumers from imported or homegrown fake victims. WPL registration by the law, to provide consumers with the manufacturer's name and address to the weight-based ingredients, and product country of origin is where the law is law of federal regulations 16-cfr-300 cited. There are two organizational norms for mattresses, pillows and furnishing of the inspection, they are:
- Bedding and furniture federation law firm (ABFLO). The agency has developed national laws and regulations, state agencies have adopted and implemented these laws. The firm is the Pennsylvania labor and industry, a a part. Address: 7thand Fostes Street, room l539, hazz-isbmg, pa17l20; tel :717 -187-684.
- The international federation of bedding (ISPA). Address: 333 commesce street, Alexandria, va223l4; tel :703 -683-8371 U. S. Federal trade commission signed and the implementation of fiber and textile labeling law (TEPLA), the act of congress enacted in 1959, which requires manufacturers to register and to provide consumers with regard to clothing and other textile product names, product composition and origin of country names. Federal regulations act 16-cfr-303 references TFPIA requirements. Implementation of the federal trade commission and the fair packaging and labeling act a reference to 16-cfr 500 provisions. Textiles and clothing must conform to uniform packaging and labeling regulations of the label rate, the weight of the ordinance by the national conference and the development of a standard rate of uniform laws and regulations, which includes textiles and clothing. These regulations include the packaging of each metric units and imperial units. Also includes a wide range of textile items. Law of federal regulations, 19 (19-cfr-134) includes u. S. Customs regulations. These regulations set out in detail how to identify the goods or containers, such as that the buyer, the country of origin and identity can not afford to go or permanent marker. Non-standard notation for the penalty. For the above regulations can be made to the u. S. Government Printing office document management office to buy. Address: Washington, Beijing 20402. U. S. Federal trade commission executive attention apparel labeling law, the law by congress in 1971 passed to the consumer the right to know how protective clothing, including washing, dry cleaning, dyeing, ironing and other instructions, helpful English writing on the clothing before permanent label roster, is now available in a handwritten sign that a permanent label.
- Marking requirements
U.S. Consumer product safety commission executive textile labeling, the method including: ordinary clothing, children's pajamas, all kinds of carpet, bed, mattress. To obtain a copy of these regulations may be called to 800-638-772 or 301-504-0040 u. S. Consumer product safety commission. Common clothing fabrics with 45 angle test, and is divided into three levels. If children's pajamas, "tight" type have a card; loose type of children's pajamas to the vertical by more stringent test. A variety of carpets, mattresses, mattress also through their own testing.
- Imports of basic knowledge.
- Anyone can apply to customs clearance procedures for goods imported for personal use.
- The u. S. Customs service is not required to submit the import license or certificate. Other agents may be based on the types of goods required to produce evidence, licenses or documents.
- Where the material to reach the united states must complete customs formalities, payment of customs duties, unless under the law, except tax-free. .
- Customs clearance, including several steps: through customs, inspection, evaluation, classification and settlement.
- Goods through customs
The so-called foreign goods "entry", that is, when foreign goods to reach the united states, the owner, purchaser or agent of a licensed customs ports of entry to the customs declaration documents. The article itself into the territory to reach ports to get the customs clearance and payment of customs duties payable, this entry from the law be closed. Owner, purchaser or customs broker is a "importer" is responsible for arranging the inspection and clearance items matters. The importer shall meet all the requirements of u. S. Agencies. Customs on behalf of 60 federal agencies into the implementation of relevant laws. These 60 agencies, including food and drug administration ( FDA ). Federal communications commission (FCC) of alcohol, tobacco and weapons bureau ( ATF ). And the consumer product safety commission (CPSC) and so on. Cargo from the port of entry into the consumer or the warehouse or shipped to another port warehouse. In some cases, items may arrive at a port, but according to the documents submitted by the customs or duties paid by another port clearance. Parked in the "foreign trade" goods is not in the port of entry customs clearance, and to go through different procedures. Goods imported by mail also, which is easier customs formalities, which need to pay transportation costs. Where the full $ 2,500 worth of goods do not have to go in person to apply for a customs clearance procedures. Completion of entry of customs documents were prepared, collect the mail-order departments of customs duties, commercial transportation must have a packing list. Over 2500 u. S. Dollars shipping goods through customs of goods must be formally. Textile goods transport, regardless of their national values ??and for Hong Kong's official entry of weigh HTS and measures are needed. Such parcels nearest customs office. Customs notified the recipient by other means transport of goods through customs. Goods into the customs generally to provide the following documents:
- The list of goods, air transport Invoice s, transport people to prove (to the customs to know the name of the consignee) to prove. That the consignee of imports of these goods. .
- From the sales person got the list of commercial goods, indicating the value of goods and image.
- entry list (customs form 7533) or the pace of imports (customs form 3461). .
- packing list, if appropriate, may submit other necessary documents to determine whether the goods through customs. After filling out the table of entry, import tariff levels and pay people shows the estimated duties and processing fees. Sometimes have to pay the deposit to support in other cases the additional duty.
- Other Forms of Entry
Warehouse imported goods can be sent from one port to another port. Warehouse goods transport should be in port before the goods leave a country arrangement. Transport to warehouse goods and other materials to arrive at the final port of customs formalities, including payment of customs duties and processing fees, etc. Also make imported goods' warehouse into the "enter through the bonded warehouse. This will be consumer goods into the warehouse only to payment of customs duties and processing fees. Importer to the warehouse owner to pay storage fees.
- U.S. Customs check (inspection of cargo customs)
For small transport or certain goods, such as bulk cargo, usually in the dock, container stations, cargo terminal or the importer to inspect the house. Check who will deliver the goods to purchase. For other transportation, customs will detain representative assessment and classification of goods, other goods before release. Packaging after the examination has deducted return importer. The purpose of inspection of goods
- Determined from the angle of the customs value of goods and tariff levels.
- to determine whether the goods to indicate the country of origin or use of special labels, and if so how will the standard method. Generally, imported goods should be marked in a visible place, and marked with the English name of the country of origin and the united states purchased. This requirement can be reduced some of the provisions.
- Determine the list of goods is correct. .
- the decision whether a shipment of contraband.
- decide whether the goods meet the requirements of other federal agencies.
- to determine whether the goods are overloaded or less set.
If necessary, the customs laboratory analysis of the goods will be to determine the level of goods and assessment. Inspection or assessment of goods, such as the characteristics of the customs found the goods, quantity or value does not match with the reported rate, or does not match the standard tariff will increase tariffs. If all the formalities complete, including customs import specialist on the customs value of goods to the report, if necessary, laboratory reports, etc. , can be a final decision on tariffs. This is the entry of the settlement. Pay more tariffs to return, or pay less make up.
- Customs Tariff
Customs duties are generally calculated by a percentage for taxable items. Some of the items is based on a special scale, such as (parts, liters, kilograms) and other calculations, but also by complex (percentage plus a special ratio) calculated. Tax price of goods by the customs decision. There are several methods used to determine the amount of tax. Generally speaking, conversion value is estimated based on the conversion value is paid to sellers who purchase these goods into the price. List of u. S. Customs tariff ( HTS us) which is developed by the u. S. International trade commission, which provides for tariff classes and commodities division, such as animal, plant products, textile fibers and textile products, and so on. List of all tariff items provide several tariff: "general" rate refers to the most favored nation treatment, "special" means a special trade program (free or less than mfn), "second column" refers to the item is not general and not specific imported goods.
TEXTILE DECLARATION: Documents supplied by the manufacturer or the importer to indicate origin of textiles used in making the product. The actual label in the garment should match the origin of the textile declaration.
VISA: A textile visa is an endorsement in the form of a stamp or an invoice or export control license which is executed by a foreign government. It is used to control the exportation of textiles and textile products to the United States and to prohibit the unauthorized entry of
such merchandise into this country