FDA Hold Laser Detention
Below is sample:
- Page 1-2. Customs release the shipment with (3461 and 7501) and importer pick-up the shipment
- Page 3-4. But 2 month later, shipment was returned to vendor
- Page 5-6. FDA officer gave, two choices returned to vendor and. . . . . . . . .
- Page 7-9. Or destroyed here in us, under importer expense
- Page 8-10. Importer contact freight forwarder/shipping-company to export back to vendor.
- Page 11. Destroy notice or export back to supplier: (case# chiwpiua00r00) / epa-3520-1 entry has been denied on the vehicle because of the replacement engine / 1983 land rover engine was replace (was 2. 25l, replace with 2. 5l)
Example of FDA / U.S. customs detention for diode pump solar cell laser scribing machine, solar cell laser cutter importation: (Any thing with laser, FDA is automatically are in detention)
- U.S. customs will release shipment, but, there is still an released FDA hold. Cargo can be picked up. But can-not be sold, used or altered until FDA hold is lifted.
- Once cargo is in your possession, you must email FDA officer and us a full address of location, contact person, phone# and email.
- Your will given FDA contact: ( ___ - ___ - ___ ) email ( _______ ) officer name: ( _____ )
- FDA will contact you/importer directly, whether you could use or sell or destroyed / detention (confiscate/seize) by FDA or request more information or detain for investigation or shipment must be return to your vendor and etc.
- Some case you may need to pay for lab test + processing of IT / TE / IE / 7512 / 3499 = $195
- Normally it could take up-to 7 weeks for FDA to contact you.
If you think, it's not cost-effective to pay all the fees (duty/tax, forwarder, trucker, warehouse, ISF filing, customs entry filing, exam and etc. ) you could abandon your shipment. There are three choices, shipment that was refused by U.S. Customs/agencies. Sample of abandon letter (click here)
- Re-exporting back to vendor / exporting to other-country:
- To export, your must contact your freight forwarder, company that has done your transportation to us port. .
- Your current freight forwarder will be helping you with 7512 (ie / immediate exportation) form.
- Local U.S. Customs officer must sign and if any, agencies officer must sign a 7512 (ie / immediate exportation) form.
- Local = city, county, state that you are in.
- Who is liable: case file: federal court U.S. Attorney's (click here), importer is responsible for all laws/liable/fees/retroactive.
- Abandon your shipment. Please notify your supplier/us forwarder/carrier and warehouse and us by email only.
- For abandoning, you may be penalize / fines / demurrage / per-diem / destroy / trash / add-dpl and etc.
- Examples of other shipment that was abandon, refused by U.S. Customs/agencies and was not cost-effective.
- Who is liable: case file: federal court U.S. Attorney's (click here), importer is responsible for all laws/liable/fees/retroactive. For more: (here) (here) (here) (here)
- Destroy / trash email customs officer, warehouse and us by email only.
- If shipment is import with-out permit / permission hazard, patent, trademark and etc.
- You may be penalize / fines / demurrage / per-diem / destroy / trash / add-dpl and etc.
- Who is liable: case file: federal court U.S. Attorney's, importer is responsible for all laws/liable/fees/retroactive.
- Customs broker = broker between U.S. Customs and importer only: to transmits importer info/documents, way it was received from you and your-vendors, to U.S. Customs
- Customs broker = is not a broker between you and your-vendors (factory / supplier / forwarder / warehouse / shipping-company / CET-exam site, us agencies and etc. )
- Please pay all your-vendors directly ( ASAP ), to avoid our $50. If amending/up-dating your entry filing. If entry must be refile (click here $)
- Importer is responsible for all fees/us laws/liability/exam/permit(s)retroactive(backdate) document (BL, arrival notice and etc. ) case file: federal court U.S. attorney's.
- Your responsibility = your shipment / money / profit / sells / documents / permit, your-vendors (factory/supplier/forwarder and etc. ), your arrangement/negotiation and etc.
- Exam notice by freight forwarder: LCL arrival notice, full container arrival notice. AD/CVD , fumigation, emergency action notifications can be $1,000's.
- Fumigating your shipment can be $7,205, vacuum cleaning can be $1,900 and A-TCET exam / intensive exam/stop sign / CET exam can be $1,843. 60 / $2,059. 90.
- If exam ( VACIS , NII, x-ray (reefer), IBET, MET, CET and etc,), your freight forwarder will be notifying with arrival notice and Invoice (pay your freight forwarder) (99% time).
- If exam ( CET exam , A-TCET exam, intensive exam/stop sign, IPR, tailgate, emergency action notifications and etc.), importer must pay directly to exam site. (100%)
- If importer / ID=( SSN number or tax-ID/EIN/IRS Number or CAN Number) or any info is off-by-one-digit/letter, U.S. Customs will confiscate/seize your shipment and penalize/fines you.
- And U.S. Customs/agencies can release with detention(hold)/hold/confiscate/penalize/fines/recall/examine/ ISF penalty/Re-ISF filing/issue destroy/re-export and etc.
- Bill of lading / BL (aka: Bill of Sale ) / original / OBL= arrival notice / manufacturers contract agreement / shipping terms = (title to shipment, provisions and etc.)
- You /importer/ consignee is fully responsible for all actions of payment (be aware of scam hijack emails and other scams).
- Before paying us, consignee must verify payment method and amount of payment, and such as our bank account number, western-union account number, check payable to and etc.
- Only valid communication is, if you/importer/consignee/your-vendors is communicating by phone number and email lists from our uscustomsclearing.com/contact-us
Page 4: Destroy Notice or Export back to supplier : HDMUQSWB5387372 / IB09022014
Sep 22 2014. FDA office told importer to fill-out Form 2877 (www.fda.gov/downloads/aboutfda/reportsmanualsforms/forms/ucm080778.pdf)
Page 7 Destroy Notice or Export back to supplier : HDMUQSWB5387372 / IB09022014
Oct. 16 2014. Officer issued, will consider " Form 766 (reconditioning form) " (http://www.fda.gov/downloads/AboutFDA/ReportsManualsForms/Forms/UCM072766.pdf)
Page 11. Destroy Notice or Export back to supplier: (Case# CHIWPIUA00R00) / EPA-3520-1
Entry has been denied on the vehicle because of the Replacement engine / 1983 Land Rover engine was replace (was 2.25L, replace with 2.5L)