Damage Shipping By Trucker
Your freight may not always be loss-proof. In fact, there are a shocking amount of containers lost at sea each year. The good news is that by insuring your goods, you can guard against possible losses that can occur during air, sea, and rail shipments. All too frequently, shippers are unaware of their liability in the event that their products are lost. Additionally, the numerous laws and guidelines pertaining to the subject may add to the difficulty.
- Customs broker = broker between U.S. Customs and importer only: to transmits importer info/documents, way it was received from you and your-vendors, to U.S. Customs
- Customs broker = is not a broker between you and your-vendors (factory / supplier / forwarder / warehouse / shipping-company / CET-exam site, us agencies and etc. )
- Please pay all your-vendors directly ( ASAP ), to avoid our $50. If amending/up-dating your entry filing. If entry must be refile (click here $)
- Importer is responsible for all fees/us laws/liability/exam/permit(s)retroactive(backdate) document (BL, arrival notice and etc. ) case file: federal court U.S. attorney's.
- Your responsibility = your shipment / money / profit / sells / documents / permit, your-vendors (factory/supplier/forwarder and etc. ), your arrangement/negotiation and etc.
- Exam notice by freight forwarder: LCL arrival notice, full container arrival notice. AD/CVD , fumigation, emergency action notifications can be $1,000's.
- Fumigating your shipment can be $7,205, vacuum cleaning can be $1,900 and A-TCET exam / intensive exam/stop sign / CET exam can be $1,843. 60 / $2,059. 90.
- If exam ( VACIS , NII, x-ray (reefer), IBET, MET, CET and etc,), your freight forwarder will be notifying with arrival notice and Invoice (pay your freight forwarder) (99% time).
- If exam ( CET exam , A-TCET exam, intensive exam/stop sign, IPR, tailgate, emergency action notifications and etc.), importer must pay directly to exam site. (100%)
- If importer / ID=( SSN number or tax-ID/EIN/IRS Number or CAN Number) or any info is off-by-one-digit/letter, U.S. Customs will confiscate/seize your shipment and penalize/fines you.
- And U.S. Customs/agencies can release with detention(hold)/hold/confiscate/penalize/fines/recall/examine/ ISF penalty/Re-ISF filing/issue destroy/re-export and etc.
- Bill of lading / BL (aka: Bill of Sale ) / original / OBL= arrival notice / manufacturers contract agreement / shipping terms = (title to shipment, provisions and etc.)
- You /importer/ consignee is fully responsible for all actions of payment (be aware of scam hijack emails and other scams).
- Before paying us, consignee must verify payment method and amount of payment, and such as our bank account number, western-union account number, check payable to and etc.
- Only valid communication is, if you/importer/consignee/your-vendors is communicating by phone number and email lists from our uscustomsclearing.com/contact-us
Damage Shipping Sample (from past case)
SAMPLE from past case file: Wyalusing PA 18853 / 18 GRANITE COUNTERTOPS / 7 MARBLE COUNTERTOPS / CHhKXMNYC917775 (Calender ONLY)
This picture was at warehouse / Before trucker pick-up the shipment
Below 3 picture was taken by consignee during delivery when they refused the shipment.
- Claim letter to trucker / warehouse / devanning location / freight forwarder / carrier
- Also, consignee will devanning report (this must be request from your freight forwarder.
Consignee / Importer (Your company / Your full name)
Phone# / Email
To: Your Trucker company name
Phone# / Email
Re: Damage/Breakage Shipment of ________
We recently denied delivery of above referenced delivery due to complete breakage of items. Items include 3 vanity tops and 8 countertops of marble and granite. Every
single item was damaged. No item could be salvaged. Most items were split in half. We were extremely disappointed.
I am providing the requested information as requested to process a claim for our loss. The claim total is US dollars $5.696.06 Please see itemized listing below.
$4,598.00 Invoice cost of countertops:
$131.00 Ocean freight charge (China to US port)
$265.00 Arrival Notice/Invoice (US Freight Forwarder)
$204.32 ISF Filing fee with ISF Bond (Customs Broker)
$497.74 Customs Clearance Fee, Customs Bond & Customs axes/Duties (Customs Broker)
Should you have any questions please contact us.
(Importer/consignee full name)